Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Greater Yes



A heart warmer and a tear jerker.
We greatly enjoyed this movie. It will have you rejoicing one moment and welling up with tears the next. It is an awesome story of faith and perserverance, and when it's all said and done, you come to realize (if you don't already) that our God is sovereign, and in the end, it is His will that will be done. I strongly recommend this movie for any one, but especially for church teen groups and young adults. I am a pastor and I will be showing this movie in our church.

Powerful film sometimes comical sometimes heart wrenching
Faith Based Filming has come a long way toward taking their place alongside typical Hollywood flicks. It is shown to be a lower budget production from viewing the bonus behind the scenes material, where cast double as filming assistants but the job gets done, and done well. In this case it tells a TRUE story, perhaps somewhat altered to get years down to minutes, but the drama is certainly encapsulated. It is the story of Amy Newhouse, her battle with cancer, the ups and downs, and the faith and hope that she was able to not only keep herself, but pass along to others during the ordeal.

What a perfect choice it was to cast Anne Underwood as Amy. She is joy personified. Her bubbly personality is contagious right off the screen. She is only the first of truly believable characters in this film. Another that must be mentioned is Paul Willis playing a teen with punk hair. I'm a retired teacher, and believe me when I say these two were honestly teen-realistic. I've taught...

Get ready to cry!
The faith this young girl shows is amazing. It makes you think, do I have that kind of faith? Could I have that kind of faith, if it was me, or one of my loved ones. WOW

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment