Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bridal Fever



A guilty pleasure...
Ok, so it's definitly a "chic flick" but had to own it just the same. Every year when this comes on, I thought about getting it, so I finally got over the laziness and bought it. I like just about anything Andrea Roth is in, so I'm very happy with my purchase. It's kooky and follows the standard rom/com basics. Only requires a bowl of popcorn and a rootbeer to have a marvelous night.

Bridal Fever - Would Watch Again
I like good clean movies (or as clean as you can get nowadays). Bridal Fever was pretty good. There were a few utterances of mild crude language, use of alcohol, low cut tops and strapless dresses seen occasionally on women. There were also suggestive images on several romance novels in the bookstore. The theme is a little more mature, as it has to do a lot with dating and divorce. I enjoyed the movie and would watch it again. There were several parts that I thought could have been better, but all it was entertaining.

I didn't like the fact that everyone seemed to think that getting married was all that mattered. If you are single and beautiful, then there is no reason on earth why you shouldn't be married. You don't have have anything in common with the guy or even love him. All you have to do is "seal the deal"...luckily Gwen eventually realizes this is wrong and marries the guy of her choice.

I also thought that Gwen's friend, Sandra, was mean at the...

Chick flick
Definitely a chick flick and it has been on TV many times but I bought it anyway so I could watch without commercials. It's a fun movie but I have to say, Andrea Roth says she was reading Jane Austen at 10 in the movie, yet mispronouces Wuthering Heights by saying Withering Heights. Sometimes these actors need to have a bit more depth into their parts to come off believable.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment