Saturday, October 5, 2013

Becker: The Third Season



One of the Most Underrated Shows on TV
Everybody thought "House M.D." was such an original show when it debuted in 2004 with its wise-cracking sarcastic Dr. Gregory House. Though this was more of a drama, nobody seemed to realize that Ted Danson is the one who made that popular, way back in 1998 as Dr. John Becker.

"Becker" is one of the funniest shows ever to hit TV, but sadly some casting changes and other behind-the-scenes squabbling brought the show to a slow demise after about six seasons. Ted Danson gives some of his best work here. If you think the rants of Dr. Cox on "Scrubs" are funny, just wait until Becker storms into his office ranting about the bums on the street, the city health department, the justice system, humanity in general or any one the upteen-million things that seem to make him angry.

The true heart of this show is it's sheer originality and unique characters - Becker's dim-witted female assistant, Linda, could have been a walking cliche were she portrayed by a busty blond,...

Becker
Becker; was the best TV series for six years. I have purchased each season that has come out each year. I am not sure why Amazon or CBS does not bring the last three seasons out all this year, but this is my big wish.

This program has the same political issues and work, family and friends that never get old or stale. It is a true ensemble show. As I watch it I always find something to laugh at. I do not get any of these classic TV shows in my area so I really enjoy the DVDs.

There is no extras so don't expect any frills, just fun. I highly recommend.

Hilarious!
I pretty much cannot stand Ted Danson personally. I don't like his politics or just about anything else about him, but he is a very funny actor and this series is hilarious. I never watched it when it was on TV (because I don't like Ted Danson), but when the series ended, I walked in one day and my teenage son was watching an episode, so I sat down and grudgingly watched with him and was roaring with laughter. So now we're collecting the show on DVD and each season has been really great. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to laugh.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment