Monday, October 7, 2013

Girlfriends: The Final Season



Very SERIOUS season; no longer a sitcom! Unresesolved issues!
I have watched all seasons of Girlfriends. I got addicted in the first 3 seasons and anxiously wanted to know what Toni was upto. After Jill Marie Jones left, I continued to watch the show just because I needed a rsolution for the series. The Eigth Season does NOT give you that resolution.

The Eighth Season was very serious. I was exhausted watching one heartache after another: boyfriend in the war, living in a crack house, losing a baby, etc..

With all the seriousness, I did like one episode though. William was called "aggressive" at work and no one laughs at his joke. As a black professional, I could definitely relate to that storyline. At work, all the boring stories by a certain group is funny, as soon as I say something they look at me like I am speaking a foreign languae. We definitely are treated differently in the workplace. This episode highlighted WHY Girlfriends was so gooooood in the early years. The show tackled topics and issues that really...

ripoff to a HUGE fan
I have diligently and faithfully bought Seasons 1-7. And I advise you keep your money....Season 8 of Girlfriends is a RIPOFF!!!!!!

Thought for sure there would be at least one final episode that didn't air....well, to my disappointment there are only 2 disks and not a single additional episodes....for the same $28 as every other season. SAVE YOUR MONEY and have someone burn a copy of this mess. What an awful end to a fabulous series.

Not Worth It
This season is deff weak, not worth it at all. i seen season 7 and at least thats a lil bit better. But im not gonna front the last two season have really gone down since Tony Childs left!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment