Friday, October 4, 2013

Derailed / In Hell / Wake of Death



An excellent compilation for the price.
I was hesitant to purchase this at first because Amazon has all of three of the movies in this set listed as "Full Screen". I found this odd because In Hell was strictly "Wide Screen" in it's original stand alone release. These compilation packs are 'almost' always re-branded re-releases of the stand alone versions, not to mention two of these movies are now out of print as far as I can tell, so I took a gamble... And I'm glad I did!

Derailed is on a labeled disc by itself. It's bare bones with just the movie and scene selection. It is the "Full Screen" version.

The second disc contains In Hell on one side and Wake of Death on the other.

In Hell contains a scene selection and a "Making of Featurette". It is the beautiful original "Wide Screen" version! Looks and sounds great!

Wake of Death includes a scene selection, "Making of Featurette" and the original trailer. The film itself is a "Non Animorphic Wide Screen" transfer. It is...

These are full frame. Original releases were widescreen!!!
Wake of Death and In Hell, should have been released in theaters in the U.S. Wake of Death played theaters in Europe and was a hit. In the U.S. they both could have been Van Damm's comeback films. Derailed- stinks. If your a film junkie, do not buy this triple feature. All 3 films are full screen. You really only need Wake Of Death and In Hell. I purchased both from Amazon marketplace sellers and got them cheaper than the cost of this set. In fact Wake Of Death was the best $3.00 movie I ever purchased. (.01 cent plus 2.99 for shipping) Whats funny, I am not a fan of JCVD, I just kept reading great reviews on both films and the fact that Ringo Lam and Simon Yam where involved (One of my favorite HK directors and I am a fan of Simon Yam)in the making of each film.

Buy this Van Damme Double pack!
Derailed-No stars! Everything in this movie really is horrible! Fights, story, music, editing, effects, etc. Do not watch this one!
Wake of death-3 1/2 stars! Now this is more like it! The story telling can be a little sloppy at times but for a low budget movie this one caught me off guard. Decent Action, great acting by Van Damme! He is so much more interesting as a dark or broken character. And 100 times better than Derailed! LOL
In Hell-3 1/2 stars! Another good straight to video film for Damme! Decent fights and good performance by Damme! I thought
it was interesting that Damme was not a fighter but a regular guy turned into an animal. Alot better than the cheesy Death Warrant film!

So in my opinion these are two of his best straight to video films, buy if your a fan and stay away from Derailed! LOL

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment