Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Best of The Price is Right



best of price is right
I was very disapointed in this dvd. I was thinking it would contain moments that have become icons of the show itself. I find it very boring and repetive. I have been a fan of the show since I was old enough to watch it. I was hoping to see clips of memorable moments. As far as needs improvements goes, it would have been nice to see bloopers, outtakes, mishaps, or decent, but unusal things that happened from time. I can recall situations like 5 zeros int Plinko game; a key getting stuck the lock durning Master Key; a lady landing flat on her back after trying to spin the big wheel, and even a contestant fainting after being told she won her showcase. None of this was included. I was thinking that Bob Barker might appear introducing the episodes and perhaps commenting and remincing. A special tribute to Johnny Olson would have been nice also. Afterall, he made the show's trademark expression "Come on down," for ever famous. This is little more than a panaroma of shows. The...

Not Great, But Worth The Low Price
This set definatly has some flaws, but for less than eight bucks it's certainly worth buying if you are a fan of the show. The case is one of the worst cases I have ever seen. Discs 2 and 4 are locked in under discs 1 and 3 and I found it annoying and more of a hastle to unlock that it should be. I ended up digging out a pair of pliers and breaking off a couple of the tabs so it wouldn't lock shut. There also isn't enough of a variety of episodes. The first 3 discs contain episodes from 1972 thru 1975 and the 4th disc contains Bob Barker's final week from 2007. That's quite a jump in the timeline. There are zero episodes from the 80's and zero episodes from the 90's. That means there are no episodes featuring Rod Roddy as the announcer, which was very disappointing to me. So after you buy this set, go to youtube and download some of the Price is Right episodes that have been uploaded there. Then you will have a more complete history and timeline of this classic show.

Duplicate as last DVD collection. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
I love The Price is Right, but was disappointed when I received my, what I thought was a collection of different shows, DVD's in the mail. They are the same shows as in the first DVD collection. Someone at Amazon should make a note for future buyers that this is the same collection as the previous one.
So, if you already have the first collection then DON'T buy this one!!!!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment